5 things to know about upholstery cleaning
Tri R Carpet Care, Inc. provides upholstery cleaning in Denver, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, CO, Aurora, CO, Golden, CO, Littleton and surrounding areas.
- Fabric Types: Different upholstery fabrics require different cleaning methods. Before attempting to clean your upholstery, identify the type of fabric used in your furniture. Common upholstery fabrics include cotton, linen, wool, leather, and synthetic materials. Check the manufacturer’s care instructions or seek professional advice to ensure you use the appropriate cleaning products and methods for your specific fabric.
- Regular Maintenance is Key: To prolong the life of your upholstery, it’s essential to practice regular maintenance. Vacuum your upholstery regularly to remove dust, dirt, and debris. This helps prevent the accumulation of grime and reduces the need for deep cleaning. Be gentle when vacuuming, using the appropriate attachments to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Spot Testing: Before applying any cleaning solution to your upholstery, it’s crucial to perform a spot test in an inconspicuous area. This ensures that the cleaning product won’t cause discoloration or damage to the fabric. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for spot testing, and if there are no adverse reactions, proceed with the cleaning process.
- Professional Cleaning: While regular maintenance is essential, professional upholstery cleaning is recommended at least once a year. Professional cleaners have the expertise and equipment to deep clean upholstery effectively, removing embedded dirt, allergens, and stains. They can also apply protective treatments to help guard against future stains and wear.
- Proper Drying: After cleaning your upholstery, ensure proper drying to prevent mold and mildew growth. Adequate ventilation is crucial, so open windows or use fans to speed up the drying process. Avoid using the furniture until it is completely dry. If applicable, check the manufacturer’s recommendations for specific drying instructions, as some fabrics may require special care to avoid damage during the drying phase.
Kindly call us without hesitation.